Skip to main content

Natal Agreement

I, Ms Vaidya, am entering into an agreement on this date (insert birthrate here) with my parents Mr and Mrs Vaidya (hereafter referred as the Parents).  I understand that this agreement cannot be nullified.


I agree to live a happy and healthy life. I will not hold the Parents responsible for the happiness in my life. I am entitled to get a lifetime loan of love and affection from them and I agree to repay in kind. I understand that the interest on this loan is accrued on a weekly basis and I will strive to pay the dues on time.


I am also entitled to receive guidance from the Parents on a frequent basis and I agree to make best use of the same. I also understand that I will receive occasional discipline from them. Any and all arguments and disputes will be resolved in Vaidya Family Court and the decision will be binding on both the parties, the Parents and me.


I will consult the Parents for their advice in presenting and selecting career options during my teenage and adult life and also life options during adult life. However the final decision will be mine and I expect the Parents to respect the same. I agree to work hard to achieve my dreams and will not hold the Parents responsible for any fulfilled dreams.


I understand that getting pampered is a privilege which can be temporarily suspended because of circumstances beyond the Parents' control or as a consequence of my actions. I will not hold the Parents responsible for providing or suspending the privilege.




Toe print of Ms Vaidya



 Mr Vaidya



Mrs Vaidya




Witness

(Attending physician)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Florida Memoirs

“What did you expect about America that wasn’t true?” It was a loaded question; Brian wanted to ask me about the lifestyle, culture and the behavior of the people I met in my first 3-4 weeks of my stay in the USA. Brian was an employee of the client company that TCS deputed me to in Florida. I could not answer the question directly, but gave a political answer, “I expected skyscrapers in the USA, but here in Melbourne, I don't see structures taller than 2-3 stories”. Brian went on to become a good friend of mine. In fact, when my parents visited Niagara Falls, his father, a retired Buffalo city cop showed them around in his big Impala. Brian used to discuss how American history is bloody and how steak is the staple diet for all Americans during dinnertime. He had a couple of complaints about me, one that I can't truly pronounce a “w” and a “v” separately and that my English was more formal than his colloquial language. The day I landed in Melbourne was a cool winter day; yes ev

Are you a Vegetarian?

You will get varied answers ranging from “Of course, I am a vegan” to “I am an eggetarian” to “I don’t eat red meat”, all the way up to “I love animals, they taste really good” and “I can eat anything that moves or once moved”. Where the person is in this huge spectrum depends on a lot of factors, broadly categorized into a handful of buckets. Religion A vast majority of folks refrain from meat or at least some types of meats because of their religious beliefs. Muslims, for example won’t eat pork while Hindus typically don’t eat beef. It doesn’t stop there. Some Hindus are supposed to not eat any type of meat, whereas others abstain from meat during a portion of the year, which typically coincides with the rainy season in India. This is not surprising as the digestive capacity of humans during those days may not be the best. Indian diaspora also follows this practice during the same time period although the weather during those months in that part of the World they are living may

How much is enough?

Last week, Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest person stepped down as CEO of Amazon, a company he had built grounds up and reaped the benefits for all these years. Was he intrigued by someone else, Elon Musk, now challenging him or eventually getting ahead at the top and hence he wants to focus his energy and passion in something equally jazzy or he is just too bored of being called the richest person? We will never know the answer! Unless you are Musk himself, who saw his net worth increase 7-fold last year or you have struck a multi-million dollar lottery, your net worth would have steadily increased over the past few years (if at all) and will grow gradually over time. Of course this is very relative; some people may call a few thousand dollars as gradual or other ultra rich will weigh it in millions? Regardless, as your net worth creeps up, you will find yourself in a different spot; your colleagues will change, your social structure will change. In order to keep up with these changes,